The primary collection of exquisite miniatures devoted to the art of Adrian Smith.
Latest Updates from Our Project:
Pumpkins!
4 days ago
– Wed, Sep 30, 2026 at 10:26:43 AM
Dear Backers,
Quick update: I’ve received the first batch of the Pumpkins set. The first batches of Roots and Sentries are expected to arrive next week.
I’m checking the parts now and preparing to start shipping to backers who selected Option 1 (see Update #14). The casting quality is top-notch!
I’ll share photos of Roots and Sentries in the next update.
Carlos Black Sun Studios
Further Delays and Revised Schedule
about 1 month ago
– Mon, Aug 31, 2026 at 06:11:44 AM
Dear Backers,
I'm sorry to say that we are delayed once again. There are many reasons unrelated to this project for these further delays, which I won't list here. Believe me, I'm doing my best! I am trying to be realistic with the revised schedule. I will share resin production photos in the September update. I'm determined to make this new schedule work.
Realistic schedule:
Option 1 (see update #14) Resin production is almost finished. Shipping will begin at the end of September - start of October.
Option 2 (Remaining pledges) Resin production has been ongoing. There are some final adjustments we're working on in regards to the artcards and packaging. Fulfillment will be done in small batches, with the first batch estimated to ship in November.
Note: I intend to contact each backer prior to sending pledges to confirm their shipping address. In the meantime, please send an email to [email protected] if you have changed your address or are planning to do so in the coming months.
Carlos Black Sun Studios
May Update!
4 months ago
– Sun, May 31, 2026 at 10:10:13 AM
Dear Backers.
A brief update on our current situation: as mentioned in the last update, unrelated to the Kickstarter, we have been facing some significant business challenges over the past few months. I'm glad to say that the worst of those challenges are now behind us. Although these setbacks are unrelated to our Kickstarter, they have unfortunately affected our progress. Resin production for option 1 is ongoing, and we hope to begin shipping at the start of July. Fulfillment to remaining backers will be done in batches, with the first batch expected to start shipping in late August.
This is not the update I wanted to write. Believe me, no one wants this project to be fulfilled more than I do, and it will be! It's just going to take a little longer. Bear with me—every single backer will receive the models they pledged for.
Carlos
Black Sun Studios
March Update!
6 months ago
– Sat, Mar 28, 2026 at 09:27:10 AM
Dear Backers,
Once again, we apologise for the delay in providing you with an update. A few weeks ago, we were optimistic about sharing a detailed progress report, but unfortunately, we were unable to do so. We understand your frustrations.
We can confirm that resin production is in progress. Unfortunately, Carlos couldn’t attend the February site visit, and rescheduling was difficult. He stayed in touch with our partners, who took some photographs of the process. While these images are not the most exciting, Carlos will capture more 'action' shots during the rescheduled visit.
Resin production for Option 1 is in progress, with shipping delayed until late April or early May. Fulfilment to all other backers is expected to begin by late June.
We sincerely appreciate your patience and support as the project progresses. Over the past few months, we have been facing some significant business challenges unrelated to the Kickstarter. Rest assured, we are fully committed to completing this project!
Warm regards,
Carlos and Jay
Black Sun Studios
Option 1 Now Closed and Some Small Steps ....
8 months ago
– Fri, Jan 30, 2026 at 11:18:23 AM
Hello backers,
We hope this finds you well and that you have had a good start to 2026. We returned to work on January 21st, so have had little time to get back into the swing of things. However, it has been non-stop since with the usual hurdles and distractions that come with any small business.
OPTION 1 NOW CLOSED (See Update #14)
The closing date for Option 1 came and went with little fuss, as so many of you have chosen Option 2, which is particularly satisfying. Thanks once again for your continued patience. Resin production for Option 1 has begun and shipping is planned for mid to late March. Currently we are on target to start fulfilment to all other backers by mid to late Spring.
Carlos has organised a meeting and site visit with our resin production partners. Following requests from some of our backers he will endeavour to take photos of the casting process. We hope to include these in the next update; however, in the worst case scenario, they will be ready for the March update.
Finally feels that some tangible results from all the hard work and perseverance are forthcoming.